FEBRUARY 24-26, 2013 | LOMA LINDA, CALIFORNIA, USA
Thank you to everyone who participated in this phenomenal event! Held only once every five years, this renowned scientific conference on the health effects of plant based diets was SOLD OUT!! It offered an exciting opportunity for health professionals, researchers, students and the public to advance their knowledge in vegetarian nutrition. A multitude of plenary sessions, workshops, poster presentations and social gatherings made this event engaging and enjoyable for all who attend!
Join us for the 7th ICVN in February 2018!
Professional interest in vegetarian nutrition has now reached unprecedented levels; however, scientific knowledge regarding vegetarian diets and their effects on human health is far from complete. The International Congress on Vegetarian Nutrition is designed to provide a review of the accumulated findings, and introduce theoretical concepts, practical applications, and implications of vegetarian dietary practices for both the prevention of disease and the promotion of health, as well as for the furthering of research endeavors.
6ICVN Photo Gallery
- Plant-based diet patterns and healthy aging
- Epidemiological studies of vegetarians
- Role of nuts in disease prevention
- Why and how vegetarian diets prevent obesity
- Vegetarian diet and prevention of cancer
- Role of soy in health and disease
- The great debate: Are all omega-3s created equal?
- Vegetarian diet patterns and cardiometabolic syndrome
- Environmental cost of vegetarian diet patterns
- Foods and nutrients of interest to vegetarians: The science and application
- Challenges of defining vegetarian diet
- Vegetarian studies around the globe
- And many more. . .
Thank you from Joan Sabaté, MD, DrPH
The International Advisory Board and the Scientific Program Committee prepared a compelling program to share the most recent findings and explore the most stimulating topics related to vegetarian research. It is my pleasure, on their behalf, to thank you for participating and contributing to this great body of knowledge. We look forward to welcoming you to the campus of Loma Linda University for the 7th International Congress on Vegetarian Nutrition in February of 2018!
The International Congress on Vegetarian Nutrition is organized by the Loma Linda University School of Public Health’s Department of Nutrition, and hosted by Loma Linda University.
If you would like to receive announcements and/or a call for abstracts for the 7th Congress, please add your name to our mailing list.